Saturday, 4 June 2011

It's shocking...

...How having nice hair can affect your day, week, year, life.
After 8 months without a haircut, I finally went back to my mum's hairdresser - the notorious Michelle, celebrated stylist, Vogue reader and conversational wizard. She always manages to talk me into "going dramatic"; I don't know how she does it! She'll sit me down in the chair and say "right, so what are we thinking?" and I'll say "nothing too drastic please" all timid and polite, then she'll somehow convince me that I need a short and sharp bob or a fierce perm... Or both!

So today I went in thinking "not this time, not this time, I have long hair for once in my life and I want to keep it for as long as possible..." Within minutes, 70% of my hair was on the floor and the rest was clinging on and hanging only down to my jaw. "Fabulous!" says Mich.

I ran home, made it in three minutes, listened to my family tell me how "mature" and "flattering" it was, ran upstairs and fell face-down on my bed crying.

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world!" - what Marylin Monroe forgot to say was "but whatever you do, don't give her a bad haircut!"

You can't buy beauty, but give my hairdresser enough money and she'll buy you ugly. x

Post a Comment

© Almost Amazing Grace.. Design by Fearne.