Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Today, I woke up with the flu. I instantly felt sad and lost, because this is the very first time I've been properly ill away from home. I didn't have my mum coming into my room bright and early, feeling my forehead for a temperature, calling up my school/college and letting them know I wouldn't be coming in that day, setting up a bed for me on the sofa downstairs, staying at home with me all day watching daytime TV and making me meals of crackers and lemonade. Instead, today I could only Skype my mum, have a little cry and let her cheer me up.
Isn't it always the way, that when one thing goes wrong, everything goes wrong? Like today, I happened to be feeling really unwell, and then somehow I ended up seriously considering dropping out of university, going home, getting a job and starting a whole new life. Where did that come from?! I shouldn't be allowed to think for myself when I'm feeling down. One of these days it will get me in trouble. x

Post a Comment

© Almost Amazing Grace.. Design by Fearne.