Saturday, 31 December 2011

Way back when...

I started this blog two years ago with a post entitled "New beginnings, same old." I wrote a fluffy little post about how a new year can be good, and listed a few resolutions I had for the year 2010: "shrinking my waist, fixing my hair, seeing more of the friends I've drifted away from and working out what to do with my life." I also added at the end of the post: "no romantic entanglements".

Two years on: I've gone down a dress size, I'm growing my hair, I have a lovely group of friends and I've decided I want to write for a living. Of course, as I predicted back then, the "romantic entanglements" resolution did not last long. I should have been more realistic in that respect. In fact, just reading the post now, I am incredulous as to how hopelessly naive I was just two years ago.


So, this year I am being slightly more realistic with my resolutions: grow my hair, try harder in every respect of my life, and not eat a single box of After Eights. Okay, so maybe I'm being realistic with just a hint of optimism. Isn't that what the New Year is all about? x


Post a Comment

© Almost Amazing Grace.. Design by Fearne.