Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Lola Offline

Hello, and welcome to my stop on the 'Lola Offline' blog tour! 

'Delilah Hoover has gone dark. She's quit social media, moved to Paris and changed her name to Lola Maxwell. Because she has made a mistake – one she can't take back. It was all over Twitter, and it's still the first thing that comes up when you Google her...'

This hot new YA tells the story of a teen girl who went viral – and not in a good way. Delilah – oops, I mean Lola – starts her new life in Paris and it's all going smoothly, with the usual amount of awkward moments, alcohol mishaps and crushes a teen experiences. She even gets a perfect kiss...But how long can she keep it up? What if her viral past catches up with her? 

Nicola Doherty has been praised already for her writing, and the authentic teenage voice she portrays. And readers, we are lucky to have some writing tips from her right here, right now! Read on...  



Top tips to help you write your novel

1. Lower your standards. Like, lower them right down. This is honestly the most important piece of advice I can give. The main reason most people get discouraged with their writing is because their standards are unrealistic; they’re comparing their first attempts to the finished drafts of established authors. Here’s the secret: your first draft meant to be bad. The first draft of my first book was a hot mess. It was full of plot holes, unconvincing characters and clichés. The main thing is to finish it. That’s a big achievement in itself – and then you can raise your standards for the rewrite!

2. Write like you’re anonymous. If you are constantly worrying about being exposed by your work, it will really cramp your style. So don’t hold back – be real, but think up a clever pseudonym just in case.

3. On the other hand: pay attention to likeability. Think about your MC (main character) in particular and how they treat other people. Readers notice this and it’s one of their top reasons for disliking books. That’s not to say that you have to write completely ‘good’ main characters but it’s a lot harder to write a sympathetic anti-hero.

4. Write a blurb for your story – like the ones you find on the back of books. This will help you identify the stakes. What do your characters have to lose? What do they hope to gain? If you had to describe the story in one line, what would that be? In other words: what is the point of your story? Doing this really helps you focus on what you need to show rather than going off on tangents.

5. Remember it’s often more effective to show characters concealing emotion than displaying it. This gives us, as the reader, the inside track, and we love that.

*


'Lola Offline' hits the shelves in shops on August10th.
Get yourself some Lola online at:

2 comments

  1. hi guys…. Amazing love spell that work fast
    I was having a great love for the past 7 months I know him for 2 yrs he had all bad habbits but wen he got interest over me he left evrythg jus for me and just to be happy he took care of me like my mother.. I was very much blessed the problem was I had three family frd (boys) I am very close to them…. my boy didn’t like me talking to those boys he didn’t tell me tht first he was always afraid that I would leave him… so he kept his fear inside his heart and was worrying a lot.. fa 4 months now wen I came to know tht he zz hving this feari decided to stop talking with everyone, but my boy is telling me tht he lost his pure love on me.. he is telling me tht he loves me but not like before I begged him very badly… for 8 days I cried and begged him….. v both are very close…. v are mutually into evrythg even sex…. now he zz telling tht he is tired of fear and he can’t be like before frdzz what should I do? what should I do to get him back? plz tell me i found online who help me to get back with my boy again he is back to me again with his real pure love all thank to Dr happy the real spell caster who help me out when i was in pain and tear plz contact him http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ for more details email.....happylovespell2@gmail.com or add him on whats-app +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT MY MAN BACK
    i just want to start this way by giving a huge thanks to this man DR. UGO ANDREW for what he has just done in my life and my family . At first i thought it won,t work because many has failed me before but on a second thought i said let me just try and to my best surprise Harris my husband that said and insist he has nothing to do with me and my family again called me immediately this great man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com cast a love spell on him and started begging for forgiveness. Well i love him so much and at once i accepted him back and today we are both living in pace and harmony, all the glory is to this man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com DOC I THANK YOU once again for you are worthy of all the praise and thanks. forever am grateful and shall ever be to you . i also want to say if you are out there passing through any relationship issues you can contact him today and i strongly believe he will also help you out. once again you can contact him through the following way

    Email Address: generalspelltemple@gmail.com

    WhatsApp Number: +1 (518)855-8371




    HOW I GOT MY MAN BACK
    i just want to start this way by giving a huge thanks to this man DR. UGO ANDREW for what he has just done in my life and my family . At first i thought it won,t work because many has failed me before but on a second thought i said let me just try and to my best surprise Harris my husband that said and insist he has nothing to do with me and my family again called me immediately this great man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com cast a love spell on him and started begging for forgiveness. Well i love him so much and at once i accepted him back and today we are both living in pace and harmony, all the glory is to this man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com DOC I THANK YOU once again for you are worthy of all the praise and thanks. forever am grateful and shall ever be to you . i also want to say if you are out there passing through any relationship issues you can contact him today and i strongly believe he will also help you out. once again you can contact him through the following way

    Email Address: generalspelltemple@gmail.com

    WhatsApp Number: +1 (518)855-8371

    ReplyDelete

© Almost Amazing Grace.. Design by Fearne.